It’s been a while since the last miRack update, that’s because I was working on several big features – AUv3, multitouch, variable sample rate support, and also Metal rendering (this one is almost not noticeable for users users but is quite important going forward).
AUv3 is already being tested by the beta testers and is looking good, with last bits and pieces left to be done. In the meanwhile, here’s an update with everything else. There will be another one with some more fixes, and then AUv3.
- Multi-touch. Enable in Tools menu to operate multiple knobs or other module controls at the same time.
- Ableton Link support. Enable in Tools menu and use Stellare Modular Link module to synchronize your patch with other Link-enabled apps, including IAA host apps.
- Variable sample rate. Audio engine now works at hardware sample rate. Preferred sample rate can be set in Tools -> Settings.
- Metal rendering. This should reduce CPU usage and battery consumption.
- Updated Audible Instruments module pack. Added Percussive Synthesizer (based on Mutable Instruments Peaks) and Tidal Modulator 2 (based on Mutable Instruments Tides 2) modules.
- Updated Befaco, Frozen Wasteland, Squinky and Holonic Systems module packs.
- Added MI module pack – based on AS modules by Alfredo Santamaria (hakken.com.mx)
- Added Valley Amalgam (signal masher and multipler) and Dexter (powerful FM wavetable oscillator in a single module).
- Bogaudio spectre analyser modules are available again.
- Submarine text display modules are available now.
- Fixed some modules not showing under “Filter/VCF” tag.